CUSTOM QUARTZ COUNTERTOPS WEST CHESTER PA
Beautiful Custom Quartz Countertops in West Chester PA
There are many countertop material options to choose from, each with its own advantages. But for many, there is nothing quite like quartz. Quartz countertops West Chester PA are manufactured stone, meaning they are factory-made to produce a countertop that retains the beauty of natural quartz while incorporating the benefits of engineering.
Quartz is one of the hardest minerals on earth. When made into a stone slab, the result is a long-lasting countertop that will look attractive for years in a kitchen, bathroom, or another room in your home even if it is subjected to extensive wear and tear.
MacLaren Kitchen & Bath is the leading provider of quartz countertops in southeast Pennsylvania. With a 40,000-square-foot countertop and cabinetry showroom in West Chester, we can help you design and build the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams with a custom quartz countertop.
Learn more about the advantages of quartz and the available options by calling us at 610-436-5436. You can also schedule a time to stop by our showroom to get inspiration and start your design process.
MacLaren Kitchen and Bath – The Top Local Choice for Quartz Countertops
As a local, family-owned business, customer service is at the heart of everything we do at MacLaren Kitchen and Bath. It is why we have worked hard over the years to create the area’s largest inventory of countertops, including quartz, with only the products we trust and would use in our own homes.
Our dedication to our customers is also apparent whenever you interact with our team, and at every step in the process from design to installation.
You can always expect:
- Quality – We are dealers of the leading brands in quartz production from around the world. These companies are reputed for quality at every price point. We also perform extensive research and ongoing quality control so that we are always up to date with the brands we carry.
- Friendly, Professional Service – We want to make the remodeling process enjoyable and stress-free. From your first call or the moment you step through our showroom doors, we are here to answer every question and treat your design goals like our own.
- Variety – 40,000 square feet of products and inventory from quartz countertop manufacturers that each produce hundreds of styles means we have the quartz countertops to meet your needs. There are few design schemes we cannot assist you in realizing, with ample customization options in cuts, color, and more.
- Affordable Pricing – A quartz countertop is an investment in your home, but our countertops will always be competitively priced. Our efficient production process, extensive options, and personal dedication to affordability make it possible to provide quartz countertops for a range of budgets.
We are a quartz countertop provider for all types of properties. For homeowners, we work with you one-on-one to help you choose the quartz stone countertop that fits your lifestyle, budget, and design expectations. Because we also perform fabrication and installation in-house, you have a one-stop source for your quartz needs from genuine experts in the field.
At commercial properties, an investment in a quartz countertop provides a surface that is eye-catching, easy to clean, and will last in a commercial environment for years with almost no upkeep. We have installed countertops for a variety of businesses to provide quartz kitchen countertops for bars, reception desks, bathroom vanities, powder room, and more.
We also have the capabilities to manage large countertop projects, such as apartment complexes and other multi-family residential projects, all at our affordable prices.
Full-Service Countertop Solutions at MacLaren Kitchen and Bath
Our strategy at MacLaren Kitchen and Bath is to bring all the services you may need for your new countertop into one place and provide them by a single team. This enables us to complete your countertop quickly – often in days, not weeks or months – and to do it at a competitive price.
We do this by offering:
- Quartz Countertop Design – Our talented design team can help you peruse the hundreds of quartz design options we have available to personalize your countertop. They also make sure we take into consideration the technical details like measurements and the dimensions of drop-in appliances. We offer only the highest quality materials to ensure that your counter tops will last a very long time.
- Slab Countertop Fabrication – We have an in-house fabrication team that cuts your chosen quartz slab to the exact dimensions of your property and incorporates any edge profiles or special features.
- Quartz Countertop Installation – Our licensed, bonded, and insured quartz countertop installation team can handle countertop delivery and installation. They also take care of any final adjustments until everyone is satisfied with the placement of your new countertop.
- Quartz Countertop Replacement – A new countertop does not require an entire kitchen or bath remodel. Quartz countertops can match many existing cabinets while refreshing the look and value of your home. We can replace your existing countertop, including countertop demolition, removal, and disposal of your current counter.
MacLaren is also a local cabinet provider. While a quartz countertop is an effective way to update or restore an existing kitchen, many homeowners choose to incorporate quartz during a full remodel. We make that process convenient by offering one of the widest selections of cabinets in the area alongside countertops. This means you have the option to design both simultaneously for a cohesive look and style.
Both the cabinets and countertops can then be installed by our one design team so that you don’t need to hire multiple contractors or wait for various deadlines for the job.
Why Choose Quartz Countertops for Your Home?
Quartz has lately become one of the most desirable countertop materials in homes today. New and remodeled homes are choosing quartz for counters in kitchens and bathrooms because they are:
- Highly Durable – In addition to being one of the hardest stones on earth (meaning few materials can scratch it), quartz is combined with long lasting resins that make it resistant to chipping, cracking, or breaking regardless of the tools you use in your kitchen or bathroom.
- Antimicrobial – Because quartz countertops do not have the pores that a natural stone would, there are no places for germs or bacteria to get caught, and wiping down the counter with an antibacterial cleaner will remove all germs.
- Low Maintenance – Other stone slab countertops require maintenance steps like resealing every so often. Quartz does not. It is naturally stain-resistant, ideal for busy kitchens, families with children, and those that prefer light-colored countertops.
- Eco-Friendly – Quartz is the most commonly found mineral on the earth. These countertops are also made from the byproducts of mining and recycled materials, meaning there is limited use of non-renewable natural resources in their production. If a “green” home is important to you, quartz countertops are a smart choice.
Even though quartz is a manufactured stone, it is not a print, which means that every quartz countertop is also unique. The different aggregates, additives, and manufacturing processes give us hundreds of different palettes to choose from, enabling you to get a countertop that is genuinely one of a kind while fitting with your design style.
The current appeal of quartz countertops also means that they will instantly increase your property’s value. Their superior appearance and long lifetime without the need for frequent maintenance will also ensure that these countertops remain popular over the next decades.
There are only two situations that can cause damage to a quartz countertop – outdoor weather conditions and extreme heat. Quartz is not generally recommended for an outdoor kitchen or entertaining space unless it will be fully covered. Indoors or out, quartz is susceptible to extreme temperature changes, such as that from a hot pan. Avoiding the elements and extreme temperatures will keep a quartz countertop in prime condition for decades.
Design Options for Your Quartz Countertop
Quartz countertops are engineered, or man-made, instead of mined from a quarry like other stone countertops. The majority of quartz is still made of natural materials, but the final design is not limited to what is found in nature. Instead, you have hundreds of aesthetic options across quartz fabricators like Cambria Countertops, Caesarstone Countertops, and Corian Countertops.
To make a quartz countertop, mined quartz crystals are ground to a fine powder and mixed with polymer resins. The mixture is then subjected to an intense heat, causing the resins to bind the quartz into a smooth slab. By mixing in various pigments and aggregates during the process, manufacturers can create quartz slabs in a range of different palettes.
Today’s color options make it possible to source nearly any color for your kitchen or bathroom, with the most popular being:
- Green, and More
In addition to the various hues, quartz countertops are given texture through the aggregates that are mixed in. This can be a small amount of sand, glass flecks, metallic or translucent crystal flecks, crushed stone, or other elements to add color, movement, and visual interest.
While solid color quartz slabs are common and attractive, many use quartz to mimic the look of natural stone with veining and striations that resemble:
- Marble – Colored veining can imitate marble countertops at a fraction of the cost and with the density and scratch-proof hardness of quartz.
- Granite – Quartz countertops with reflective crystals and subtle veining look nearly identical to a granite countertop, but will not need to be polished and resealed every few years to keep them looking their best.
- Terrazzo – This style uses rock or glass chips, most often in floors or walls. The aggregates used in quartz countertops makes this an easy style to recreate with either bold or subtle colors.
Modern quartz slab manufacturers can now finish each quartz slab with different methods to provide a more distinct and customized look while maintaining the protective resin layer.
Among the finishes we offer for our quartz countertops are:
- High Gloss – These polished quartz countertops are the most commonly seen style. They have a smooth surface and a highly reflective sheen. The brightness also hides fingerprints easily.
- Matte – Also called honed or sueded, this surface has a more subtle sheen and softer appearance. Many homeowners with intense overhead lighting opt for a honed surface. Like polished quartz, matte quartz countertops are completely smooth.
- Embossed – Embossing is a newer technique for quartz that gives it a subtle physical and visual texture, often combining polished and more matte surfaces. It is popular for decorative countertops and workspaces.
The range of possibilities with quartz slabs means the material can be used in any style of kitchen. Quartz countertops readily fit with contemporary, traditional, modern, or rustic styles. The colors and textures can complement existing cabinets in the case of a replacement, or create many combinations if you are selecting both cabinets and a countertop in a remodel.
Another way to define the style of your kitchen is through the edge profile on your countertop. Any edge profile can be adapted for quartz, including:
- Cove, and More
With all the different options available, it is possible to design a quartz countertop that meets your design choices and budget needs. And because there are so many choices possible, our designers are here to help you through the process. They can interpret your design preferences to provide relevant recommendations.
Our team has experience with all of the products and brands we offer so you can trust you are making an investment you will love and use for decades. So, if you are looking for a countertop, give us a call and we’ll help you get the best counter tops in your area – Bucks county, Chester county, Montgomery county, and other nearly places.
Cleaning and Maintaining a Quartz Countertop
Because quartz is an engineered slab rather than a natural quarried stone, it does not require the upkeep that granite or marble countertops do. Natural stone has small pores that water, dirt, and bacteria can get caught in. Quartz does not have these pores.
The resin that is used to bind the aggregates for a quartz slab together produces a smooth, non-porous surface. This means that you will never need to polish or reseal a quartz countertop to keep water from getting beneath the surface.
Any debris or stains on a quartz countertop will be limited to the surface, and can easily be removed with a soft cloth and mild cleaner. Dish soap works well for daily cleaning, or there are several cleaning products on the market specifically formulated for quartz.
Engineered quartz is harder than a majority of other rocks and metals, meaning it cannot be easily scratched. A metal knife used directly on quartz will dull the knife before the quartz is scratched.
As previously mentioned, extreme heat is one of the few ways to cause permanent damage to a quartz countertop. A hot pad or trivet should also be used between hot cookware and the countertop’s surface. In the bathroom, avoid setting hot hair tools directly on the countertop by using a stand while they are turned on.
Abrasive scrubbing or harsh chemicals can also cause damage by dulling the polish or breaking down the resin that is used in countertops. Since these are not needed to effectively clean quartz, there is little risk to your countertop so long as they are avoided.
Order a Custom Quartz Countertop from MacLaren Kitchen & Bath Today
At MacLaren, our team takes pride in being your partner during a remodel. Whether this is your first time renovating a kitchen or bathroom or you have done dozens, you will benefit from working with our knowledgeable team that brings both design expertise and experience with the ins and outs of quartz countertops. We invite you to take a walk through our showroom and partner with one of our designers to bring your design ideas to life. Start the process by scheduling an appointment to visit us, or contact us via our online form if you’d like to learn more about our styles and options.
CUSTOM QUARTZ COUNTERTOPS WEST CHESTER PA FAQs
All countertops have different pricing based on the type of material and the slab. Costs can range considerably based on square footage. . We offer wholesale and competitive pricing, however, so rest assured that our costs are some of the best available, with options that are great for those on a budget as well as those looking for a more luxury approach. We encourage you to visit our showroom for a consultation.
We do currently install any sinks and appliances if we are remodeling your kitchen or bathroom. That being said we don't provide the hookup for your water or electric. What we can do is schedule our services at a time that makes the most sense for your needs, based on when your plumber, general contractor, or other contractor is ready for us.
Absolutely. We are happy to schedule a time to work with your contractors, and coordinate to measure and install your countertops when it is best for all parties involved.
We have a huge selection of countertops, and encourage you to consider from our selection in order for us to offer the best possible service. However, if a project requires us to fabricate countertops from customer-supplied material, we are still able to help.
Countertop backsplashes offer continuation that stands out when compared to alternatives, such as tile backsplash. They're more durable and easier to clean as well, because they do not require grout and can be made of the same high quality, dense material as your counters. However, in general, it is more of a personal preference. Some people really love the look of tile backsplashes as a complement to the counter and cabinets. It's ultimately about the look and design you are going for.
We have countertops that can match essentially any home style. Contemporary, rustic, mid-century modern, chic, luxury - our designers are happy to work with you to determine which type of counter will best match your design and vision, and of course you can walk our showroom and be sure to find the countertop that is perfect for your design's vision.